Founded in October 2014 by Patrick Mouratoglou, the Champ'seed Foundation is a public interest foundation under the aegis of the Fondation de Luxembourg.
A commitment has been made to help young tennis talents who do not have the financial resources to reach the highest international level. The foundation will enable these young talents to acquire the skills and guide them to unlock their full potential.
Champ’seed Foundation is committed to helping young tennis talents, who do not have the financial resources required, to reach the highest international level. The foundation will enable these young talents to achieve the required skills to develop their potential.
The Proposed Grant will be used to support the activities of the Champ’seed Foundation such as:
- Ensure the education of young players lacking financial ressources in the sport of tennis
- Contribution to fund travel expenses to allow players to pursue their education (e.g. tournament travel expenses)
- Financing professional expenses of a part-or-full-time coach.
- Physical training camps
- Medical care, monitoring and expenses
- Contribution to fund the use of facilities and the equipment
The Champ'seed Foundation offers different services to players such Such as part- or full-time tennis coach, tennis training weeks, fitness infrastructures, transportation, accommodation, etc.
Champ’seed provides many benefits to selected players, such as a part-or-full-time tennis coach or in the form of weeks of training, fitness training camps, on-going support and mentoring during tournaments, nutritional advice, medical monitoring, and in certain cases, a direct financial assistance to fund tournament travel expenses.
Education is crucial to any young person, whether he or she is a talented tennis player or not. Champ’seed is keen to ensure that all players continue to work hard on their general education. Champ’seed’s commitment is specifically restricted to promoting for the public benefit the education of young people in financial need in the sport of tennis in such ways as the Board think fit, including by:
- Awarding to such persons scholarships or means tested bursaries to pay for coaching, physical training, medical expenses and the use of facilities and equipment to enable the provision of such education
- Awarding grants to undertake travel in furtherance of such education
- Assisting and preparing such persons for entry to any tennis related occupation, trade or profession
The importance of a continuing general education is recognized by scheduling time for either private or school based tuition. Champ’seed also has a relationship with the Mouratoglou Academy, where its students can attend both a high level athletic training and an outstanding academic education. The Mouratoglou Academy program enables to harmoniously combine intensive training, tournaments and school curriculum. The goal is to enable the students to build a long-term project around sports and education, leading to a professional tennis career or to the enrollment into the American University sports program. Champ’seed Foundation would equally support any young people in financial need, whether they enroll in the Mouratoglou Academy or follow other school systems.
The Champ’seed Foundation is funded by individual or corporate donors supporting a team of young aspiring players to achieve their career goals.